What We Do
Independent Quality Home Care’s superior service is developed from a non-intrusive assessment, respectful to dignity and integrity, and may be of help improve independence for seniors and people living with disabilities. With the right home support in place, early discharge from hospital may be arranged and help people remain at home longer.
Services cover a variety of situations from companionship, house keeping, driving services, personal care to a more complex situation. We work hard to provide exactly what you need, when you need it, be it for short-term respite, or ongoing support. See our Home Care Services page for complete details.
Our Mission is to help seniors and people living with brain injuries and disabilities be as independent as possible, maintaining integrity and dignity, by providing them with professional care workers in the comfort of their own home or added care in hospitals or facilities where comfortable surroundings make good care healing in itself.
Our duty to the community is to be responsive at the time of need and to provide a service that is:
- Engaged and easy to contact
- Creates an alliance with clients, families, caregivers, service providers, and other healthcare professionals, ensuring a quality service that is sustainable, promoting independence and safety
- Provides a comprehensive selection of services, and opportunities that are easily accessed, including companionship, housekeeping for prevention care, driving services for active people, personal care, and complex care.
- Continually evolving and developing services that are responsive to individual needs and preferences.
- Available 24 hours a day seven days a week.
Independent Quality Home Care was created by Tracey Clausen in 2000, developing from a family business with over 30 years of experience in professional home care service in New Zealand, Shirley’s Home Care.
Independent Quality Home Care has grown organically and was established with a vision and clear goals to provide a sustainable service that nurtures a winning network built on mutual trust and loyalty, and continues to grow from referrals from happy clients, families and health care professionals.
Our philosophy is to help people with boundaries overcome difficulties, to provide a sustainable service with continuity and respect to dignity, working with family and/or healthcare professionals. Our passion is to enhance the quality of life for our clients by providing reliable and professional home care workers, improving or maintaining independence and quality of life in the comfort of your own home or added care in hospitals and facilities.
Change with Healing
Change can affect our whole life. We can be disillusioned with doubt and fear or transform like a butterfly.